Unexpected repairs can be costly. That’s why we created the GM Protection Plan1. It’s an easy way for you to purchase additional coverage on top of your manufacturer’s warranty. Key benefits include:
- Comprehensive coverage endorsed by Chevrolet and backed by General Motors
- Three coverage options: Powertrain, Silver, and Platinum
- Customizable contract terms and deductibles
- Coverage for up to 1,500 parts on your vehicle, depending on which plan you select
- The Plan coverage runs concurrently with any applicable manufacturer warranties
- Fill out a quote for additional details and pricing
This Plan is optional and is not insurance. All transactions related to the Plan are governed solely by the provisions of the Chevrolet Protection Plan Vehicle Service Contract ("Agreement"). Please refer to the Agreement for details of terms, conditions, and specific coverage, including limitations and exclusions. Coverage may vary by state. May not be available for purchase in all states. Some models may not be eligible for coverage. Contact your dealer for more information.
The Obligor of the Protection Plan product is GM Protection, LLC, 801 Cherry Street, Suite 3500, Fort Worth, TX 76102, 833-959-0105. The Administrator of this Plan is Safe-Guard Products International, LLC, Two Concourse Parkway, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30328, (833) 959-0105.The Administrator in Florida is Safe-Guard Warranty Corporation: Florida License Number 60126; Two Concourse Parkway, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30328, (833) 959-0105.
Roadside Assistance coverage includes:
- Towing assistance for a covered break down, $100 per occurrence
- Battery service
- Flat tire assistance for removal and replacement of the flat tire with the vehicle’s spare tire
- Emergency fuel service delivery of up to three gallons of fuel, up to three times
- Emergency supply of oil, fluid, or water will be delivered if it is an immediate need. Payment for fluids is your responsibility and is due upon delivery
- Lockout assistance
Rental Car Coverage
In the event of a covered breakdown, rental car expenses up to $40 per day (max. 10 days) are included in the plan (excludes fuel, collision damage, and optional insurance charges).
If a covered breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from your home and a repair facility needs to keep your vehicle overnight, you may qualify for reimbursement of up to $200 a day for up to five days ($1,000 maximum) for emergency travel expenses.
Transfers to another private party are allowed within 30 days of resale or lease assumption, subject to $50 transfer fee. Transfer to a dealership is not allowed. Ask your dealer for details.
Coverage is fully refundable within 30 days if no claims have been filed. After 30 days or if a claim has been filed, you will receive a pro rata refund, less claims paid (where permissible) and any applicable cancellation fees.
The Silver plan gives you more coverage, including parts listed in the Powertrain plan, plus front/rear suspension, climate control, electrical, steering, and brakes.
The most comprehensive coverage, the Platinum plan includes everything listed in the Powertrain and Silver plans, as well as many other mechanical breakdown components, other than items excluded in the customer agreement.†
†Coverage exclusions apply. See customer agreement for a complete list over covered components, limitations, and exclusions.